Intermediate iAVs Course
The core objective of this course is to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to optimise an iAVs sandgarden.
Systemic Fine Tuning
- Component Ratio
- Irrigation Frequency and Volume
- Taming a Fast Drain.
- Fish Species
- Fish Feed
- DIY Fish feed
- Feed rates
- Fermenting Feed
- Fishless iAVs
- Culture methods
- Foliar sprays
- Supplementation – worm tea, compost tea, worms
- Water Testing – test equipment, monitoring equipment (online speed sheets) – recommended brands
- Water Quality – testing methods, record keeping (and why), test frequency, (online speed sheets) test equipment alternatives to lab analysis?
- Water Pumps
- HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
- Stormwater Management
- Rain shelters
- Shade houses
- Indoor Grow Rooms.
- Monitoring Equipment
- Heating/Cooling – water and air.
- Solar PV panels, batteries and controllers.
Pest and Disease Prevention and Control
- Performance Metrics – what to measure.
- Farm/Garden Journals/Diaries
- Pumps and timers – quality brands – pros and cons
- Live Monitoring – cameras – data recorders
- Automatic Fish Feeders
- System Risks – bursts and leaks – equipment failure – power outages – diseases and infestations.
- Built-in redundancy strategies
- Bio-security – disease prevention – system disinfection.
- Backup Systems
Health and Safety
- Hazard Identification
For commercial application “Land Acquisition & Preparation” is very critical to optimize on costs and time, so it maybe considered if you deem fit.