Why build an iAVs?
- You’ll be able to grow more food with much less water. iAVs has been shown to produce 700 calories of food for each litre of water used.
- You’ll be able to grow more food in a smaller space. iAVs lends itself to controlled environment cropping methods.
- You’ll be able to grow more food in less time. Both fish and vegetables grow faster in iAVs than in other growing environments.
- You’ll be able to produce food in places where it is otherwise not possible. iAVs is suited rocky wastelands and/or unsuitable soils.
- You’ll be able to produce food during seasons where it is otherwise not possible. iAVS facilitates food production in the hottest and driest places on earth.
- You’ll require less electrical energy. iAVs’ irrigation regime only requires about 2 hours of pumping daily. In developing countries, iAVs can be operated manually – with no power required.
- You’ll need less mechanical and technological equipment. With iAVs, you can dispense with all of the expensive supplementary filtration (and the associated work) needed for aquaponics systems. In developing countries, you can operate iAVs manually – with no pumps, blowers, timers and controllers.
- iAVS is scale-neutral in application. Systems can range tiny desktop aquarium systems to backyard/village applications and right through to broad-acre commercial applications.
- Your food will be fresher and cheaper – and its supply will be more secure. iAVs’ ability to produce food where it otherwise cannot be grown means that you are not reliant on food from distant places.
- You’ll be able to grow food that has no negative impact on the environment. iAVs produces no wastes, no pollutants, no run-off, no leaching or soil degradation.
- You’ll be able to grow food without chemical supplements. The soil biology that is unique to iAVs means that no supplementation is required – with a balanced fish ration.
- You’ll be able to grow food without herbicides or pesticides. iAVs’ reliance on fish to produce plant nutrients means that there is no place for toxic substances.
- iAVS may be adapted to meet the indigenous needs and conditions of virtually any region or culture.
- You’ll be able to produce food more profitably. iAVs will produce more food of better quality at a lower cost.
To summarise…iAVs is arguably among the most productive, resilient and sustainable food production systems ever devised.