iAVs – The Basics
- Fish are raised in a canal, tank or pit. Aeration is generally provided.
- Fish are fed a balanced diet and produce ‘waste’ products as they grow.
- Water and ‘wastes’ are lifted onto a sand biofilter surface at intervals.
- Water drains through the sand & returns to the fish tank clean by gravity.
- As the water drains, Oxygen is drawn into the filter for microbes and plant roots.
- ‘Wastes’ remain in the biofilter furrows & are processed by soil microbes.
- Plants take-up all required nutrients and grow very rapidly with high yields.
- Irrigation cycle (1/4 tank vol.) is repeated every two hours during daylight.
- Crops are harvested as appropriate. Most plant species thrive.
- Production is optimised with cost-effective environmental control.
iAVS has been repeatedly proven and “open-source” (FREE) since 1985.